Friday, December 23, 2011

The day before Christmas Eve musings.

Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and as of now we've been to the store at least a dozen times in the last 24 hours. Unbefreaking. Even with many pantry checks and multiple lists made, it's never good enough. Currently there are gingerbread men cooking in the oven and many more to come. It's beginning to look a lot like we waited to long to start baking.

My den is a mess from wrapping presents and it's making me unhappy. I need a really really big closet to stuff things in. Come to think of it, I need something like that for most of my house.

I looked and looked for old Christmas photos and as with everything I do, I overshot my wad....whatever that means....and pretty much posted everything I had over the course of the past two years. I found a few that are close to awful and may or may not post them. I'll think about it. BUT, I did found the following gem.

Gotta love school programs that are designed to embarrass the crap out of you when you're 16. Yeppers it's awesome.

Tonight as my family of six gathered round the supper table, the sound of jingle bells was completly drowned out by the deafening barbs of sarcasm coming from four almost fully grown children sitting amongst their parents. It was quite the feat for me to not smack some people as a reminder that it's CHRISTMAS and we're trying to make some freaking memories here people! And then we all came together as one and sang Silent Night. OK that didn't happen because I was too busy giving four kids the stink eye simultaneously. And that's no easy feat.

At this very moment Caitlin is "hi yahing" Emma in the kitchen as she sings, "Let's hear it for the boy...." (from Footloose) and rolling out more gingerbreads, while Olivia's doing the prepping to make something called Martha Washington candies.....whatever the heck those are. And when I asked, "What are those?" She said, "It's a little taste of the Colonial." And I'm sure the recipe she's using came straight from Martha's kitchen to ours.

Meanwhile...

Addy's given up all hope of ever getting her lips on just one Christmas cookie.

I'll close for now.
Two more sleeps til Christmas.
And once again, Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: