Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer cow photos

Cows seem to be very curious animals, or they love to have their pictures taken. Either way, here's a photo shoot with cows near and far.

This cow lives in Gran's pasture. I had a stand off with it one day as I was mowing. She stood right in my way and looked as if she expected me to go around her. It didn't happen. At the last minute, when I was trying to decide if I was gonna be the first one to flinch, she did this "head bob thing" and then scampered out of my way. As I passed her I felt satisfied as I said, "That's right you moved first!" She refused to admit it with her words. Emma took this photo in the late afternoon sunlit grasses. I think it's lovely.


Same cow different pose.


To me, this guy looks somewhat pensive, while wearing the one earring.


If you noticed this little guy is on the wrong side of the fence, then you would be correct. The afternoon we went to visit Richland county we found him walking down the road clearly on his way to somewhere. For a sec, I thought about trying to wrangle him into a fence, but then remembered I wasn't a cowboy and thought better about it. So I said a little prayer for him as we passed him on by, but only after we rolled the window down and told him to go home. I don't think he listened. This is the second time we've seen a cow on the wrong side of the fence in Richland county. Me thinks some people need to hone their fence making skills. But on the other hand, cows can be quite nimble in spite of the enormity of their size. You'd be surprised if you were standing next to a fence while feeding a cow and she all of a sudden decided, in one swift move, to leap over the fence. It happened at Gran's once and it was quite the sight to behold. They are some crafty bovine.


All I do is yell, "HEY!" And everybody looks. It works almost every time.


Adorable.


Also adorable....even though there's a bull's butt in the background that I just now noticed. I'm glad that's all that's noticeable, or this picture would have been COMPLETELY ruined.


This concludes the cow post.

1 comment:

John said...

I like the cow pics, I'm ready to go back!