Monday, June 6, 2011

A quick post about the vacay

Here's the rundown. The vacay was a HUGE success. The long and short of it always comes back to the one question my family continually asks ourselves, "Why do we live in Louisiana instead of Texas?" None of us could think of a good reason. So, the vacay started out with girls only and ended up just the six Herrocks enjoying a week of heat in Corsicana, but it was grand indeed.

Some of the highlights are listed below. It will take days for me to record it all, and as usual I should have written a journal of stuff that happened since I'm already having a hard time remembering any of it.

Some of the happenings:

A wild boar!!! No kidding!

Two owls in town, not in the country....apparently there aren't just city mice.

A coyote in the pasture in the middle of the day! Someone was out past curfew!

Some armadillos and opossums...slightly underwhelming, but thanks for the try fellas.

Several snakes which are very unintimidating when they are on the ground and I'm rising above them in my car.

A skunk....you definitely don't want to piss off that guy.

Many little foxes which reminded me of the scripture about them spoiling the vine.....but they're so cute!!

The pump in the well house having problems keeping water flowing during showers which caused much yelling for help.

A horse and donkey fight.

Multiple dumped dogs in the country....people are SLIME.

MANY bugs which caused much whooping and hollering by multi people. In case anyone was wondering, Becky still whoops and hollers when bugs.....i.e grasshoppers fly into her rolled down car window....

Texas june bugs should have their own zip code. They're the biggest things in the history of the world! OK, that's a slight exaggeration but when compared to Louisiana june bugs, ours are clearly the "whimpy kid" in school. The difference in size is stunning and makes me wish I'd brought one home for photographic comparison. I mean.....THEY"RE HUGE!

Collin Street will let you come buy and buy and buy and buy and eat and eat and eat and eat. There's no refusal to sell to people like alcohol in a bar.

Owen's 16th birthday was celebrated in Texas and was quite wonderful. My babies aren't babies anymore. He could grow a beard! How is that possible?

A dead chicken. It's not a pretty story.

The opportunity to do a walk through of 212, my aunts old house, which is no longer ours but will forever be ours. It's in a terrible state of disrepair. I wish I could reclaim it and make it like new again. I have pictures but they're not pretty.

Richland county is still there and still as beautiful as ever.

Our mower is still annoying and causes the grass to look like a drunk person mowed it.

There's lots more but I'm starting my part time job at 12:30....ugh....so the rest will have to wait!

Just a few photo teases.



































Becky's grasshopper friend










I gots to go!

1 comment:

gnar car said...

mais on the golf cart. hahah and becky yelling at the bug...BEST EVER. highlight of the trip for me.

SO FUN! can't wait to read more about it...even though i was there...so can't wait to read about the HERROCK'S trip.