Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I'm still here

The successful Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone and the race to Christmas has begun. I've run into some issues while trying to decorate the house for the season and because of that, I'm behind. If I'm slow and steady, then I'll be finished by December 25, just in time to take it down. I suspect tomorrow will be huge for completing things. 

School's back in and the kids are bad. They know not of a song called, "You better watch out...cause Santa's coming." If they weren't such little tattle tales, I'd put that threat into practice. And even though I just returned to work, I only have 12 more days til Christmas break. Wa. Hoo. I just can't tell you, because I need the same break I just got for Thanksgiving. Or maybe a new job. Moving on....

Owen's almost completed his first semester of college and he's done a good job of being a college student. Grades aren't in yet but I'll report back when I know what they are. He has the potential to make his first ever B in anything. Did you feel the earth tremble? No you did not. He will survive if it happens.  

There's a graduation this Saturday so I've got to dust off my boxing gloves and my mother of the graduate clothes. Caitlin will be receiving her Master of Business degree and with that, is possibly done with school for life. She also has a job! A great job! I'm so excited for her and all her future has in store. I can't wait to watch it all play out. She's earned her place and I couldn't be prouder of all she's accomplished. 

In other news, Emma's trying to stress me out by possibly moving to New York City. Yes I said New York City. I may HAVE felt the earth tremble at that. But once upon a time, before I was 55 with four kids, I might have done the same if given the chance. BUT. Praying will have to be on the increase if it works out. I don't enjoy people leaving and going to far away places.  

Olivia on the other hand is staying close to home and is really OK with that. But anything can change in an instant, so who knows where she'll be in two months. But today she actually did say to Addy, "Trade lives with me!" It may be time for her to consider raising her standards.  

After writing all of those words, if you go back and reread it....and considering it's the Christmas season, it could almost be like a horrible Christmas card/letter. In fact, my whole blog could be a horrible Christmas card/letter! Oh my gosh. Now I'm depressed. Moving on again... 

People, while I have no intention of quitting the blogging, I've currently got nothing great or fun or funny to write about. I've been blogging since September 28, 2009 and frankly it seems a bit stale. I would love to write wonderful words, but they fail me right now.

Instead I'm sort of blah. Blah blah blah. 

Blah.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all your words!!!

Anonymous said...

Not at all stale it is a great journal of our family and all that goes on in it!! Love all your words for sure

Mollie_Walker said...

I sincerely hope you don't stop because now that I live away, I am always checking for more updates and pictures!!!