Wednesday, December 24, 2014

It's Christmas Eve 2014...

I'm finishing last year's Christmas posts today. And I STILL don't feel bad about it. I have no idea if I'll wait til next December to post this year's Christmas celebration. I feel it will remain up in the air for some time.

I began this Merry Christmas Eve with the root canal of which I spoke last week. It was a doozy. They sent me home with pain meds and a phone number just in case. I'm concerned. I hope to stay unheavily medicated so as to enjoy the holiday. But again, it's up in the air. I spent yesterday wrapping gifts ALL DAY. Or some amount. The wrapping was due to a highly successful shopping trip to Dallas. In the three days spent shopping, we covered the four corners of the city spending at least 30 hours driving to and from, buying things necessary to buy. All wallets are currently on life support.

The day after Christmas John and Owen will be heading north to Pennsylvania for a visit with John's family as well as a Pittsburgh Steelers game on Sunday night. I have no hope the two males will Instagram or document in any way the trip and its proceedings. I've asked and demanded for that to happen, but my hope is lost before I had any. And to think about it, I'm not sure either knows how to photostream. A tutorial is needed asap. 

Last Christmas found us gathered in a cherry red room, in a familiar home, as we enjoyed the opening of gifts together. This Christmas will look different from any other we've had to date. Not that it's bad, just different. And as the years press on, it will take some getting used to, but new traditions can be fun, even if it takes some effort at first. But for now, lets look back to last year one more time and be thankful for all we've had in the past, what we have now, and what we will continue to have in the years ahead.

Never forget how precious our family relationships are. I don't take it for granted, because even with the tragedy we've had, we've truly been blessed beyond measure.

Very little commentary needed.

Just lovely memories.    

Is Austin Turner really number 1?
This was Owen's inaugural buying of a gift on his own. His first up? Maggie.


He knocked it out of the park.





After the ripping.


William had a great Christmas. 
Those are some big boots to fill. 

Iphone in the air. OMG.
I'm so grateful that in spite of all I'm not, God loves me anyway. I'm so glad He sees me through His eyes and not mine. SO happy about that. Because some days I'm a struggle. And I know that. But so does He. He knows me. He has been so faithful to me. My healed heart is because of Him. I know it. I will never forget the night Frank and Nina died, lying in my bed, so broken hearted I couldn't speak. I desperately reached to heaven, only capable of one word whispered to God. He heard me in that quiet pain filled moment. Long after that night, He told me it was the most powerful prayer I'd ever prayed. That's one of my secrets God and I've had. One of my secrets I'll tell on this Christmas Eve. I don't know why I'm telling tonight. But He knew.  

What was my prayer? JESUS. My MOST powerful prayer. The name of Jesus. No matter how people are celebrating tonight and tomorrow, it's because December 25th is Jesus' observed birthday. I'm grateful to God for his sacrifice. Jesus gave up Heaven for us. 

I'm also very grateful to God for my family. We're a unique group of people who love to laugh and have fun. We've trusted God with our hearts so He could get us back to laughing and having fun. He was faithful and He gave us back our joy. And we have had so much fun and laughed so much. Thank you Lord for choosing to make all of us one big loud, fun, fun loving, laughing, wonderful family.  

I'm privileged to do life with you people.

God bless us everyone.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it

Mollie_Walker said...

SUCH a GREAT post.
Also, wds looks like a baby!! He's grown so much!