Thursday, September 26, 2013

Here are some things

The week so far....

Carlie hornswaggled me into doing the computer for worship and preaching this past Sunday. If you don't know what that means, all the words to songs and the preacher's powerpoint is run by a person on a computer. Last Sunday that would be me. I could get drunk with power so quick like. I could be a master puppeteer! It's probably not a good thing for me to do very often. Also, I wasn't the first, the second or the fifth person Carlie asked. That would be me in dead last. Funzies!


Words are important. 
Emma multi tasked as she did something here, then went to sing, then finished up in the nursery. 
I'd give myself a C- on the day. 
That place looks huge!

Anyway....Carlie sort of said on the WAY OUT THE DOOR, "Oh yeah...a song and lights too...." trails off...... You might think, oh push a button that's easy peasy. NO! I even practiced with Jared like 3 times before the service started. NO PROBLEM. So when it was time to dim the lights, did they dim? Absolutely not. I was mashing buttons all over the place and nothing happened. No amount of mashing caused light to go off. How does that happen? I had just practiced. There was a bit of awkward worship singing in full daylight until I asked a guy to help me and he finally mashed a button and it all went dim. Flop sweat causes me to not think clearly.  

Moving on....

Yesterday at work I was overseeing little boys going to the potty, and one little boy was taking a long time and I finally said, "Let's go man, it's time to go outside!" And he replied exasperatedly, "My body won't let me!" Which of course is a new way of saying, I don't have to go. Amused me.

We are T minus two sleeps until leaving town for wedding number one, and I must say I'm so over shopping for the perfect clothing for my boys. I've been to the mall 9000 times in the last two weeks. That may be a slight exaggeration. BUT! I think I'm finished. I've shopped with John, Owen, Melanie, Lydia, Olivia and Emma....some of those peeps more than 50 times. OK, maybe not 50. Some tense moments have occurred. BUT! We are ready for the big day. BUT! The girls may be shopping their way into Lafayette due to the fact Emma still hasn't procured a dressy dress. But no worries she will be wearing something. 

I love a wedding. 

Tears may or may not flow (that's for you Lindsey). I say that's for you Lindsey because, a few years back when we were at the beach, there was a wedding one afternoon as we were readying ourselves for the sunset. And while we were sitting in our lawn chairs....all decked out for a wedding in our swim suits....we turned our chairs to watch the ceremony and as it was wrapping up, I may or may not have shed a tear or two for the unknown couple. Don't know why. Anyway, fast forward to Lindsey and Bill's wedding day when I shed not one tear as I witnessed the blessed event. Don't know why. I guess I was overjoyed to the point of dehydration? Sounds like a good one to me. I'm kinda nervous now cause if I cry at Austin and Lauren's, Lindsey may clock me!

Moving on again....I really have nothing to move onto at this point so I'll close.  

I just thought of something. I've tried multi times to put video on my blog and it just doesn't work. It's so frustrating. 

I've gone to bed at 3:00 for the last three nights. I've got to go sooner tonight. 

If you've never heard of the movie Home Run, watch it. It's awesome. And the dude is HOT. 

Wrapping it up and heading to the comfy zone.

1 comment:

gnar car said...

home run??? i shall investigate.

haha you can do the computer ANY time you want!!