Friday, July 19, 2013

June stuff

It's occurred to me it's been a while since I did an update about my super cool life since school's been out for summer. Since I last saw the crumb crunchers I've been to Texas three times, because, it seems, every time I get in my car for a trip, it automatically heads west. But I do like it when I head west, so aces for me! Some amount of the fam went to Corsicana two times and Dallas once. In Corsicana, as usual, we sat, we ate, we rode, we slept. And it was all fab as documented by Olivia's trip log and posted here on my blog.

In Dallas, it was a very upper crust trip with a book signing as well as visits to museums, presidential and artsy. And let me say right now, I fit into that lifestyle seamlessly. Ahem.
The girls as they wait to get their books signed by Jen Lancaster.
The girls with Jen Lancaster. 
I have no recollection where I took this picture, but it looks divine.
Fernando's is a must on each Dallas trip.
That's Carrie and I being nanny cammed at Becky's. It's highly unnerving.  
We went to the George Bush presidential library. It was amazing and everyone should go.
Awesome eagle gifted to the U.S. by someone. No idea who.
I was there as well, just imagine me in the pic.
It was discovered Emma wore unmatched earrings all day. It was the talk of the town. 
We rode around downtown and peeps got cray with my camera......again.
The horse is still atop its building. 
On the next day we went to the Dallas museum of art, and it was pretty much lost on me. Here we have the ancient ponytail. I first trotted out that joke on instagram. Melanie stated it as bath tub hair. SO MUCH BETTER than ancient ponytail.
A painting by Cezanne. Gorge. Definitely not paint by number.  
We brought the Willie D some presents and he was super excited about them as evidenced by this photo.
After we got home we painted our living room and put a new floor down as well. And now for the DIY part of the post. 



This was the only thing gone wrong in the project. I KNEW the lady at Home Depot was giving me the wrong ceiling paint, but I asked and asked and she said it was right. It wasn't. And now I have a shiny, "disco ball" ceiling instead of a flat unnoticeable ceiling. But with a new floor and newly painted walls....we now call Wednesday disco night and all go in and have a dance off. 


I'm very pleased with the results so far.
But the process almost gives me hives. I hate upheaval!
The make over was long overdue, and we need some other furniture to finish it off, but onward and upward! My house needs so much work!
Owen got a car courtesy of Austino tuno.
Then one summer night in June, a storm blew into town and I took these pictures.









It knocked out power and wreaked some havoc, but I love these pics and wish I could have taken more. And that's June 2013. I mean. I'm not saying other stuff didn't happen, but it's all I can remember. Phone pics are awesome for jogging memory.  

At the current moment I have exactly 25 days left before school begins and I go back to work. I'm extremely ambivalent about it. But what ya gonna do? Once the school year begins we are gonna be soooo busy with weddings and other stuff and OMG I need a diet that includes candy, cokes and ice cream but still allows for losing multi pounds in 30 minutes! Let me know if anyone finds one of those.  

And even though this is a post about June, one thing that's currently happening in July is, Olivia's talked me into watching Arrested Development and it's quite funny. And Jason Bateman is super adorbs. 

Now I must go shower and prepare for more Arrested watching. Even though one of the greatest movies in the history of movies is currently on. Twister!! It's almost as good as Sharknado! What? What? 

That's what I said. If you don't believe in sharks being sucked up into a tornado, then flying through the air and aiming themselves at people and eating them whole on land....

Then I can't help you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday night I will BE AT THE DANCE OFF!!!! to WATCH of course

Becky said...

Hahaha.

gnar car said...

love arrested development!!!!!

and those clouds still freak me out.