Thursday, January 24, 2013

Some things

I'm seriously finding out more about this new format of blogging, and let me just say if blogger had a face, I'd punch it. It doesn't have to be this hard to get my pictures where I want them to be!!!!

The other night as we were sitting around the table eating supper, Emma turned the conversation to a discussion about "outside Emma." "Outside Emma" is the Emma she shows the world, versus the "at home Emma" her family sees. She told us of people who think she's the sweetest thing ever and she herself seems genuinely surprised by their perception of her. After a long sigh Caitlin said, "I wish WE knew outside Emma."

The last week and a half has been so crazy with school in and then school out due to weather and then school back in and then a holiday. And because of that, my family has yet to hit our stride with the new semester of college beginning as well. This week starts the true test for us.

Caitlin bought a car. YAY! And now she has even more grown up responsibilities.

Owen got a job. YAY again! His first job ever. It began on Wednesday and he was pretty nervous. Car buying and job getting are two reminders that I have grown up children.

A couple of weeks ago I decided that whenever Owen left the house with some of his friends I was going to freak them out by saying something like, Don't (fill in the blank with something stupid teenagers might try to do i.e. sex, drugs, alcohol.) Well, I found some flaws. On my first attempt, I began with the most obvious, so as Owen and his friend Daniel were walking out the door I yelled, "Don't have sex!!" Well Daniel, who has quite the quick wit, responded questioningly, "With each other?" To which I became flustered. And then I said, "WITH ANYBODY!!" After they left and I reassessed, it was clear I needed to refine my tactics. SO the very next night as Daniel and Owen were leaving with another boy named Armand I said, "Don't do drugs!!" This time Daniel said, "So can we have sex?" I've since scrapped the entire plan.

Today was possibly the worst work day of my entire year. There were loud children and multi crying children and multi non listening children and many instances of children being children. It was not fun.

After watching political shows for many days now, I'm amazed I haven't killed my own TV due to the idiocy I've observed. I know there are still good and decent people in this country, they just don't live in or near Washington DC.

I'm beginning the process of uploading Christmas pictures and let me just say again, blogger and me are not friends. It will take some time but I will have them up sooner than later!

I have more random pictures to post as well but they will be later than sooner.

Since I can't think of anything else even remotely interesting, I'm ending this now.

Bring on the candy cause this fast I've been pretending to do is about to be in the rear view mirror.

I'm so over it peeps.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously couldn't stop laughing OUT LOUD in dr office with the "with each other". HILARIOUS.

CAW said...

Haha OMG !!!! Oh boys!!!! Too funny!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this fast can not wait for it to be over. I guess I didn't learn a thing. I am sorry Lord!!