Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Exploring Chapel Hill and UNC again

We're traveling back to North Carolina for a few more posts and then I'll be moving on, and quite frankly I'm sick of NC. But I'm gonna finish.

On a Saturday now a forever ago, we went to Chapel Hill which is where the main campus of UNC is located. It's quite lovey (spoken with a think Southern drawl) and I'm thinking that due to a rather warm winter, the flowers were blooming around the campus. I'd love to see it in the spring when it's at its best. Have a look for yourself.

The town of Chapel Hill


It was a gorgeous day for browsing.


The ice cream store is just down the way. You know the one that was never open when we wanted ice cream? I'm still not over it yet.


The girls are standing in front of a famous walkway that's covered with wisteria. It's got to be stunning when in full bloom.


Sans sunglasses. I couldn't choose which pics I liked the best, so I posted them all!


See? They're all good.


Last one.


This is the UNC campus. So beautiful.


And more.


Emma took some lovely photos.


Of the blooming trees.


And once again, it was too hard to cull any.


Love this.


And this.


More UNC campus.


And one more.


And while Emma was taking pictures of flowers, I was taking pictures of her.


It was such a pretty day.


I like taking pictures of people when they are unaware. My people that is.....I'm not a creepster.


Almost finished.


It was enchanting.


And there's the morning we spent at Chapel Hill. It was a lovely day, but we weren't finished yet, we then went for the afternoon in Raleigh, were we'd never been before. What's the city like? You'll just have to come back and see.

Now I'm off to herd small children for a couple hours.

Later....

No comments: