Saturday, June 23, 2018

Two posts...scroll for two

Thanks so much for all the responses about my last post, I appreciate it so much. I want to write stories about our family that make us remember the fun times. I hope to continue to do that in the future. I have a few trips coming up in July, but I hope to have lots finished before I leave! 

In the meantime, in keeping with yesterday's post, I wanted to record something from a long time ago. When Gran and Grandma were still alive and well, Mom was living with them while she was taking care of Mollie and Nina. It was when Mollie was in poor health and she was in the nursing home. Nina, her ever protective and devoted sister, moved into the nursing home with Mollie to help watch over her. It was a terrible time for them both, but Billie June was there to do all that she could to help them. 

The rest of us took turns going back and forth to help out and visited regularly. Doing that helped them and us. We got to spend lots of valuable time with all of them. It was during that time I wrote Gran a letter to tell him how much he meant to us. I wanted to do it because even though Gran was an awesome individual, he was also prone to get down in the dumps occasionally. 

In the time since they have been gone, I've looked and looked for that letter. I searched their house for it and never found it. Two weeks ago I was at Mom's, looking for some other letters, and I found the one I wrote to Gran! I was so happy to have finally found it. Billie June obviously snagged it and brought it home and put it with her keepsakes. So, I've been reunited with the letter. Now I'm going to post it here. After rereading it, I still think all those same things about him. 

He was the greatest. 

No comments: