Saturday, June 23, 2018

Gran's letter

I have wanted to write you for some time to let you know some things that have been on my heart. I know I speak for all of us when I say we could not have been given a greater gift than you. You are more priceless to us that any other treasure God could have chosen to give us. Without you to lead our family, there is no way any of us would be who we are today. We have watched you from the time we were babies and always thought, "if Gran did it, it had to be right and it had to be fun." The memories that we have made with you will always be part of us, those memories have shaped our lives, and are now shaping our children's lives.

Over the years as we spent time with you, we learned how to do the right thing, just by watching you. You always stood so tall, even now. We measure your worth by the time you took to be with us and the fun we always had. It was always expected that we would have a great time and come home from a trip to Corsicana with a new story and a lot of laughs. and you never let us down. There are so many stories, and too many laughs to count. Not one day goes by that I don't hear the echoes of all the good times that we shared over the years. How precious they are to me. Beet canning, potato picking, me and the horse carwash, Carrie and the truck in the ditch, Dale and the cows getting the better of the cowboy, Dale and the firecrackers, Dale and the hot fires, Dale and the fences going up and coming down, (too many Dale stories!!!) hayrides, sweating, Melanie's bear and her screaming, (I think that is a Dale story also). Gran and Becky and the bees and Frank's sunsets. I could go on for pages. How could one family have so much fun? 

How is it that God blessed us with grandparents like you and Bessie? No treasure on earth could compare. We are so very fortunate to have you as ours and to love and to be loved by you. We have all seen what a great man looks like, you. How wonderful to have been truly loved, by Truly. I wish you could stay here with us forever and I hope you know how much you are loved.

From a grateful granddaughter
From a grateful family,
Love you always,
Lisa 








































To have one more day with him

No comments: