Thursday, December 12, 2013

The final wedding pictures

Well it seems the cold weather is here to stay in Louisiana for like ever. It's so cold! And rainy! 

I went to a ladies Christmas swap at church the other night and while it was fun, my present I ended up with was not good. And on the off chance the person I don't know, and who has no idea this blog exists, and who brought the gift, that I don't like, happens upon my blog, that's all I'm gonna say. 

Christmas is closing in and I'm almost through shopping. 

Caitlin's off from school for 5 weeks and she's already bored. 

Emma's moving out to her own place soon. If I could insert a smiley here, It'd be one with the sniff. And my family of six will very likely never live under the same roof again. My mother's heart will survive this new development, but it's not easy. Because I've never liked change. But change isn't always bad or scary, so I'm trying to look at it differently. My parenting is coming to close. So what's next for me? I don't know, but I hope it's something good.


A peek at her new home.
This is a sad version of a hug between Caitlin and Olivia.
This is Owen looking all grown up. And I'm not gonna cry. 
After this small update, I'm gonna finish the postings of the wedding and get ready for the next thing. 

Moving on now peeps...

The reception place was all glammed up and ready for a party. The music was so great and many people, not me, danced the night away. But first,there were the arrivals. 


The entrance to the club.
And the arrivals.
Some people I know.
And some more.
The Mr. and Mrs.
First dance.
They did quite well.
And Grandma enjoyed it.
Cute.
Well done!
From both angles.
And the pressure to perform was over. 
Yum and gorge.
The groom loves a chocolate chip cookie.
We missed getting a pic of the bite they shared.
Then it was off to greeting more guests...
And more dancing. 
Billie had a wonderful time.
Cute pic.
And another.
I love this pic of all the girls.
I love making new memories. 
It's one of my favorite things to do.
And to watch Keith do the hustle.
A little dancing with one grandson.
A little cheek to cheek with another. 
Getting ready to throw the bouquet. 
A very little girl caught it.
And the garter throwing. A very little boy caught it.
One last dance before they go.
And one more picture. 
Sissies.
Didn't forget the other grandson.
The football room. LSU fans weren't happy. I didn't care.
Good pic of another married couple.
Group pic!
Carlie not behaving. That's an excellent imaginary bow and arrow.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sorry/not sorry Lindsey.
One family pic.
And another.
I love the lighting in this picture Melanie took.
And I love these sparkler pictures.
And this one.
Cute.
Sparkler head, very different from sprinkler head. 
Someone stole one more pic of the bride before they left.
Love this.
And this.
And off they go.
Next stop, home for Johnny's pizza and then St. Thomas.
One married off, two more to go.

And there it is. 

The end.

Which is really the beginning. 

I've worked on this post for a week now trying to get it all right and ready to publish. Then tonight, when I was very close to finishing, some kind of format got added somehow and started deleting pictures when I tried to add commentary. I was just about ready to cry or cuss until I remembered an easy fix that I'd used a long time ago. But this hasn't happened in so long I'd forgotten about it! So. Many. Ughs. 

But I'm happy to report I've completed the blogging of the second wedding of the year for our family. Just in time for the year to end. I'm looking forward to our Christmas with our new family members and before the end of 2014, we will have multiple new baby boys! 

So I'm reminding myself that change can be good and fun, otherwise we wouldn't have new family members! Or new babies! I just don't want to turn into an old fuddy duddy, or be married to one. The jury's still out on that.

And since I began this post a while back, I think I've finished my Christmas shopping.

And lately I've been reminded that God loves me so much, and He puts up with a lot from me. But we have our secrets....me and God...and they will never cross my lips to another soul, because He's the only one I want to know them. If you haven't shared some of your secrets with Him, give it a try. 

He's THE BEST secret keeper. 

And He's trustworthy forever.

And now that it's 2:23, I'm off to find my soft pillow and see if it remembers me.

God bless us everyone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What's next for you? Lots of little ones to be great aunted, more weddings including 4 of your own kids, then grandparenting, and watching all of your kids/nieces/nephews tackle this whole world of parenting. T-ball, soccer, basketball, football (eek) games to cheer or watch people cheer at (between me and you though I'm hoping someone has girls for that job :))

I see lots of fun and great things for you!!!

Anonymous said...

We see through the glass darkly but last December we had no engaged boys and now this December we have 2 married boys!! That's how quickly this life is going to go for a while I believe. Let's just enjoy the ride as they say!!

Becky said...

Amen to all that has been said! Lovely post.