Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Some of March thus far

The month of March is sailing by so quickly and summer will be here in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Owen told me yesterday in less than one month he'll officially be a senior in high school. O. M. G. I'm so not grown up enough to have four adult children. My youngest will be 18 in June! SO not grown up enough. But we're moving forward and acting like I am. 

Last Saturday, there was a happening in our house. 
Caitlin and I were the only ones home and she was just getting up. So I was sitting on the couch looking at something and because the day was so pretty, I had the back door open. I heard a squeaking sound, so I looked around and saw nothing. So I got up, peeked out the door, saw nothing, and started getting nervous. I looked around the den again and that's when I looked down the hall and saw Milo the cat WITH A MALE CARDINAL IN HIS MOUTH! THE SQUEAKING WAS THE LIVE CARDINAL!! I started screaming. Caitlin started saying, "MOM WHAT!?"  Milo ran into Owen's room with the bird and left a big pile of feathers. 


That's not blood, that's cardinal colored feathers. I know because I saw them up close.
He then came back into the den as I was still screaming at him and he went behind the couch with the squeaking bird still in his mouth. Then Caitlin jumped on the couch with a baseball bat and I had the broom and the carport door open. She was trying to get the bat behind the couch to shoo him out, but the bat wouldn't fit so then she was jumping up and down as she was trying to move the couch out from the wall while standing on it. FINALLY he came from behind the couch and ran out the carport door. It was so awful. After John got home he looked all over outside and couldn't find the bird anywhere. I then decided he was fine and returned home to relay his horrible experience to his bird family, and is now living happily ever after. Not long after Milo exited the house, he had the nerve to come to the CLOSED back door with a mouth full of feathers saying, "What is YOUR problem?" Idiot. There were feathers all over the house and yard. Even after sweeping and vacuuming I saw one drift by. It was all just so awful. I've relived the squeaking multi times. The circle of life is terrible! Especially when it occurs inside your home.

Then on Sunday as we were pulling out of the driveway on our way to church, I saw a cardinal sitting on a limb dangerously close to one of Milo's high perches. Here's a picture of him lying in wait for bird lunch. As we were backing out I yelled at the lackadaisical attitudy bird, "Didn't you learn anything yesterday?!" He didn't respond. 


This is like Wendy's drive through for cats.
Neighborhood birds should have an awareness program about the many cats they live amongst. 

Thankfully as the week has progressed, there has been no further traumatic occurrences at our home.    
I forgot to record the super cute taxi Emma brought me from New York.
Then I went to take some pictures of redbud trees that are actually purple, never red.  
And took this picture Sunday afternoon, that Whitney later told me looked like a foot. I agree but still like it. 
Then I was gonna finish this post with pictures I've had downloaded for a long time but haven't had the motivation to complete. BUT something happened to cause something else to happen which is causing me to have to post them separately. SO annoying when I can't figure blog stuff out. 

Check back for the other post later peeps.

Picture me working diligently on the other post now.

OK picture me working a little. 


OK picture me thinking about it.

Later....

No comments: