Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Melanie's pictures at the hospital of Lucas's birthing

People I have very little to talk about, except girls' trip coming this week. And a three year old at school saying Gap closes at 5 dirty. Makes me laugh every time. Also....this Friday night is the school's annual gala which I pronounced gal-a and when I did, the same three year old chanted adamantly, "It's gay-la, gay-la gay-la." And everyone knows you can't argue with a 3 year old. But when I said gal-a it made me think "regatta gal-a" which of course is a Friends reference and that's why I say gal-a instead of gayla. 

Riveting story I know.  

Lets get to the pictures.
Just before this picture was taken, we had a synchronized re-sitting of ourselves on the couch. It was epic. 
The synchronized re-sitting happened while Lauren was laboring. We didn't point it out. 
This is the waiting people during labor. 
Now that's all the people. 
This is a sneak picture of Lucas from the hall just after he was born. 
So glad it's over. 
This kid is gonna be the greatest stink eyer......
Proud parents. 
On the way to the nursery. 
Once more. 
OK, one more. 
This has something to do with ringing a bell and a lullaby plays to signify another baby being born? Maybe? I missed that story. But that's not what I was focusing on here while looking at the picture. I was totally freaked out by the arms. At first I couldn't figure out what was happening. Is that an arm painted on the wall? Is that two arms painted on the wall? Then I realized it was Austin's arm, plus the nurse hidden behind his arm....or the nurse's arm hidden behind him. Neither of those sound good, but you get my point. It freaked me. Then I sighed and felt stupid. 
Welcome to the nursery baby Lucas. 
He's about to get checked from stem to stern.
Super cute name thingy made by Melanie. 
He's arrived in the room and about to be introduced to everyone. 
Papa getting a first hold. 
And Carrie.
And Lauren's Mom. Not sure what her Gmaw name is gonna be. 
And Lauren's sister Adrian's first ever holding of any baby ever. 
Then after all the spectators left town, the peeps came home for the hospital. And Gee was there to take pics. 
And Rori met her baby brother. 
Then Carlie came for a meet and greet. 
It was a success. 
And these are some gorgeous flowers. 
And there you have Melanie's hospital photos plus a few more of the birthing of the bambino (some out of order...picture me freaked.) I have mine to post and then I'm on to other stuff, sure to be mixed in with baby pics as well. I'll have to set a plan for the future posts. 

Then as Olivia was going to bed she announced to us all in earshot, "Remember people tomorrow (which is now today...don't get me started) is April Fool's Day. So don't fall for any weird stories or videos and then make a grand announcement about something bizarre having happened because it's more than likely not true!" Then she went to bed, but not to sleep before she sent this email to all the email females.... 


Hello all, 
This is your friendly reminder that tomorrow is April 1st aka April fools day aka the day you should not believe anything you read on the internet. Let's be ahead of the game this year people. No one is painting their sports field rainbow or any other color, that famous person probably didn't die, jimmy kimmel is probably going to put some fake video on the internet that everyone is talking about and seems too crazy to be true and that's because it will be. Let's be smart people. Ignore all strangely colored beverages and foul smelling food. Conquer the day and make it the fool. You've been warned. My job here is done.

And with that brilliant assessment by her, I'm off to find out if my bed's still inviting.

Pretty sure it will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!! Laughed at the arms so funny!! Love the warning from Liv and I DID NOT WANT Lindsey born on april fools day! So you know what 32 years ago today I was huge pregnant with her!! Labor did start slowly around 9 pm but I knew she wouldn't get out before midnight and I am glad she didn't!!