Monday, November 18, 2013

The other new Mr. and Mrs.

We've been making a lot of new memories in the last couple of months, and I love being a part of it. Any lovely memory made is one to relive whenever I want. And I love to get lost in one that made me feel special or loved or brings a smile to my face or reminds me of someone living in heaven now. We've had so many wonderful times, and I'm grateful they outweigh the sad. Since September 28th we've added some really new and special ones to our family. Because in my 54 years, we've never had two weddings in 43 days. It's a wonderful first for us. 

So last Saturday Jared married Colby and they became a new family, and she became part of ours as well. And in the presence of many, and with a vow and a prayer, the two of them began a life together. And as with any new family there are many firsts ahead. Figuring out the future together is what they will do. And hopefully all their decisions will be easy ones, but if not, trusting God to help them choose is what I pray they do. And years from now, after many celebrated anniversaries, and new traditions and secrets shared just between the two....and after they've loved and laughed and cried and learned and taught and forgiven, I pray they look at each other and know they'd do it all over again. Together as one.  

And so I'll always remember a chilly night in November when we celebrated Jared and Colby's wedding to last a lifetime. And as our family continues to grow through marriage and babies, we can rest assured God will bless us all as we go. 






I pray all wonderful things for the beautiful new Mr. and Mrs.  

The best is yet to come.

In Jesus name.

Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully said as always!!!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet and pray they feel the way they did on November 9th 2013 in 50-75 years from now! It's possible they'll just be a little over 100