Thursday, October 17, 2013

Before, during and after the wedding

Well sometimes I surprise myself with my own patience. I decided to take the time to look through the pictures I took of the wedding, as well as Whitney's phone pics, and I think it's possible I got everything in order. All of the ceremony pictures were taken by Whitney on her phone, which happens to have better pixels than my big camera. Don't even get me started. Anyway, I have super lots of William running about since even though he was a moving target, he was easy access. And it's very hard to cull any pictures of the boy. Overall I think I'd give myself a C on my picture taking at the wedding. I will continue to strive for a better grade, but I assure myself I'll never give myself an A. It'll never happen. 

The venue was called City Club in Lafayette and if you're looking for a place to hold a wedding, it's a good one. It was a lovely place to make a memory.  



The ring bearer.
Preparing for his big debut. 
Cutie pie.
Need a little tissue here.
I couldn't make myself take out any of these next few because it's so wonderful watching a kid try to take a good pic.
This one is my favorite.
I guess he was checking to make sure the parents were behaving. I love Dad's watchful eye on the son.
There we go full face in this one. 
Little boogie.
The ladies in red.
The fam.
Good one of Becky and Keith.
And Mollie and Aaron.
Now back to the boy.
He covered a lot of ground in a short period of time.
Made a lot of friends and exchanged information.
Then the ceremony began. Melanie and Randy are lighting a candle. 
Austin was looking very dapper. 
Waiting for the bride.
Jared and one of Lauren's sissies. 
Gorgeous girl, gorgeous dress.
The serious stuff is being said here.
So pretty.
Almost Mr. and Mrs.
Here's where it got good....for me anyway. 
William was sort of over it all, but there were family pictures to take.
But he snapped to pretty well.
Last one.
Love this one.
The bridal party.
Plus an unhappy William.
These are classic.
I have some very similar of Owen at a certain Easter.
And there you go. I always have photographic evidence.
But give the boy a sip of water and it soothes the savage beast.
Pleasant as a daisy.
And continued to charm.
As long as he had his water.
He got real with that bottle.
I don't remember taking this many photos.
Still happy.
And cute.
Knocking it back.
Keeping it real.
The lovely couple.

And there you have the pre, the ceremony and the after. 

The reception is up next. 

But I have to go lay these bones down to rest.

Lata boney fingers. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE of Owen!!!! As a parent you know those are the ones you'll love but it's hard to convince yourself right now. I know this as I can feel myself stressing about our photo shoot sat morning!!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute and yes I laughed all the way thru the water bottle pics!!

Caitlin said...

I love the pics where William is looking at his parents like "Y'all are so cute!"