Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The ridiculous sock story

For years I've been buying my girls' silly socks like this.

A couple weeks ago I bought some socks for them. My rule is, if I buy two, I have to buy three. If I buy 5, I have to get six. I always buy one or two pairs for each of them. That night I found some cute spring/Easter socks as well as some St. Patty's Day socks so I bought six pair. When I got home and showed them to Olivia, I discovered that one pair was a children's size. So bummed, because they were so cute, blue with bunnies and carrots on them. All the socks cost $1, but it would be crazy to take back a one dollar pair of socks, so I set them aside and forgot about it. Later I realized I could give them to William. Brilliant. Done.   

These are the socks I bought for Emma and I was planning on mailing them to her. Done. 

Only....
I hate mailing stuff. I don't know why. So the Emma socks sat for several days, unmailed. Then, brainstorm! I decided to ask John to mail them for me. He said he would. Then he didn't. Several more days went by, so I decided to put them in my car to try to goad myself into mailing them. That didn't work. I brought them back in the house. I said something to John about mailing them. He didn't again. This was becoming his fault. 

Then I really did put them BACK into the car to once again try to goad myself. FINALLY, Monday I stopped by the post office to pick a mailing envelope. Picked it, brought it home. I was annoyed at John because he didn't mail the socks, so I left him on the outside edge of the conversation between me and Olivia about the mailing envelope and the socks. 

I knew he could hear us and then he walked over and said UNBELIEVABLY, "I mailed the socks today." And I said, "No you d@$* didn't!" (That curse word didn't fit in that sentence, but I said it anyway.) Then he said yes I did and I said no you didn't....as I had the socks in my hand!! 

What socks did he mail you ask? If you haven't figured it out yet, yes indeed. William's blue bunny/carrot socks are currently winging their way to Washington DC. It's crazy, ridiculous, crazy. There really could be no blame placed on me. At least that's what I say. Of course Olivia loved the ridiculousness of it all. 

So. Annoyed. But tried to move on.

Fast forward to later that same night when I did some online banking and that's when I saw what I saw. My dear husband did indeed pay $6.45 for the wrong pair of one dollar socks to be mailed to Emma. I nearly freaked. Fa reaked. They all laughed and laughed. I did not.

Then I told Emma about it and she said, "I was thinking I wanted to bring the boys something when I came home for Easter. I can give William the socks!" 

Umm, no you can't! 

So lets sum up shall we? I bought a one dollar pair of socks that I did not need, which cost $6.45 to ship to a city in which they do not belong. 

The failure is huge on all levels. 

At best we're firing on 35% pistons on this one. 

I still can't believe it when I think about it. 

So stupid.

I sent Emma the picture of the correct socks and said you will get them when she gets here. It's the only way I can try to make up some of that $6.45 

And that's the super ridiculous.....why did you do that....those are never gonna fit Emma, dumb sock story.

2 comments:

CAW said...

O M G !!!!!!! Hahahaha

Becky said...

WHERE are the emotes to use here.....just can't even :)