Thursday, June 18, 2015

Some more home redo

People I don't have people. What that means is, I can't be multi places at once and I don't have someone to blog for me. Not that that would even be good... BUT. I'm in the middle of home improvement everywhere and if you didn't know, it takes so much time to improve the home. And that's always been my problem when home improving because I have no patience, or a very limited amount of it. 

As I already documented we took down the popcorn in our den, bathroom and hall, spackled, repainted and finished all of it. I just gaze above and admire our handiwork. BUT. I still have to paint all things in those rooms and other stuff as well. It's overwhelming to think about. 

And then there's this...
We've lived here for a long time and our back bathroom has always been a blight on the butt of humanity....or just this house. I say that because it's tiny and the shower was created for a hobbit. And it has multi colored tiles in it because a while back John had to replace the pan in the bottom of the shower and there was no way to match 30 year old tiles.
So, consequently we've never used it unless absolutely necessary. I've always wanted to redo it, but have always been nervous about trying it. 

Lately I've been talking to John about redoing it and well....
I started the process. The problem is, the tools to chip out these tiles are heavy and my arms are dainty. OK, that's not really true cause I don't think anyone has ever called anything on me dainty, but my arms DO wear out really fast when swinging a small sledge hammer. Of all the things we've found wrong in this house, they made sure these tiles will last til Jesus comes back. Or so it seemed. The good news is John's stronger than me, the bad news for John is, he's busted out more tile than me because of that fact. 

That gray stuff you see is not cement board and will have to come out in some manner before we put a new pan and a small shelf and new tile and a raised shower head as well as a raised ceiling. It makes me a little jittery when I think about all that must be done. BUT. I'm in it to win it now. There's no going back to the bad orange, tan and beige tile. And I'm not even kidding about all of those colors. Don't expect major progress on this shower project, this one will be a marathon and not a sprint.  

In between home projects I'm uploading more trip pictures and I'm just gonna warn people now, there are tons. And when there are tons, we know I have a hard time culling. So hope for the best and prepare for the worst in the overshare and you should hit that nail right on that head. 

I'm ending this post so I can go work on the others. 

I'll finish with asking God to bless us all in spite of the evil we live amongst, because it's beyond ignorant that people still hate based on skin color. We are all the same in God's eyes. No better. No worse. Tonight heaven is fuller, which means there are families with very heavy hearts.

Lord please give them peace that surpasses all we could ever imagine.

Colorblindness can be a good thing.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for y'all to redo the bathroom. You are going to love it when it's finished.
I agree the sadness for all those families has had me weepy all day. We are all God's children and He is colorblind!!!

Becky said...

That's about right - your peeps are beginning to leave the nest and you will have two usable bathrooms. Always the way, isn't it? And I cannot even fathom we have such hatred and evil. Bless the sadness in the hearts of those families...and that lovely city.