Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Wasn't Thanksgiving 2015 just last week?

Procrastination works for me sometimes. I'll explain what I mean in a few. 

In the meantime, Thanksgiving is two days away and we'll be celebrating as we always do, even with a few missing this year. But we've had to learn how to share our loved ones with others. It's my least favorite thing to do. But tomorrow will bring a mass influx of out of towners and as we gather together it will be loud and fun and loud and crazy. And loud. It just happens that way when 30 plus people get together.


Since last November, and as life is expected to do, lots of changes have taken place in 12 months. We have two new babies in the family with Jack and Anna joining us, one baby Walker girl on her way, and address changes have taken effect for Carrie and Caitlin. Apparently we have to have at least three people living in Dallas at the same time since Carrie moved here, but Caitlin moved there. Yes it's true, Caitlin has left Louisiana. She and Carrie tagged in at the state lines and somehow that keeps us even in 2016. Not sure that makes sense, but I said it anyway. 


So as I continue to not get my way with my kids leaving town, I find myself adjusting to yet again another new normal. Of course the leaving still tweaks the heart when I'm reminded of it, which happens about every other minute. I'm beginning to feel as if a new normal may last only a month or two. 
Since I've been blogging for the past seven years, I've well documented my Mom struggles as I've witnessed my children achieving adulthood and moving out and up. I won't bore people with the same old story about how did this happen and how did it go so fast. It just freaking did. They were babies and they grew up. It happens.   

When I started this blog I had four kids at home ranging from junior high to college and much of that time has been discussed here in these past seven years. I've learned a lot about myself and my ability to grow and let go. I know I've done it well. I'm confident in that. And I suspect I've not said my last goodbyes to my leaving town children. 

And now for the explanation of my procrastination serving me well. I've had last year's Thanksgiving photos uploaded to my blog for forever, so I'm adding some finishing touches and voila! I have a giving of thanks blog post completed without all my gnashing of teeth. So I'm caught up with Thanksgivings until Friday. I must now say ugh. 

Looking back on last year reminded me of what Lydia had to face from the Summer of 2015 until now. What a glorious difference a year can make. So lets reminisce while being thankful that God brought Lydia and all of us safe thus far.
When Lucas got into town, he asked Cammie to swing him and she obliged.
Then we took some Thanksgiving selfies. 
I told you we took SOME. 
So get ready for SOME more. 
These were hard to cull because I liked all the Lucas looks he was giving. 
There's that good old stink eye I love so much. 
Then I did a selfie with Olivia.
And all my girlies. 
One more.
Oh what the heck lets do all my girls individually now. 
A Carlie snuck in and Emma has a look of incredulity on her face. 
Owen's not skipping a beat on that chewing. 
Carlie can work a face in a camera. I admire her for that. 
So we kept going. 
And going....
And going....
It's like we would never stop.
And then we did. So Emma and I took a selfie together. 
And I couldn't forget the boy. 
Then it was time for everyone to go outside and surprise Lydia and Dale with something special. I think it was Lindsey's idea for all of us to get t-shirts to show her our support and that we were praying for her and believing for complete healing.

They did not know what was coming. 
They waited while we all got our shirts on and got in place. Whitney does not look ready.
Nope she is not. 
Lets move it people. 
Still waiting. 
Jack was there in that tummy over to the right. 
I THINK we are almost ready. 
Maybe not. 
Yes....no...
Maybe so...I spy another baby bump. 
Finally it was time for them to turn around and see what the surprise was. No commentary needed for these next few. 







Hankies were required. 
And then we celebrated a good idea. 
It was very sweet and an easy Thanksgiving to remember. 
Then there were hugs for all. 
Lauren was less than one month from delivering a healthy baby boy. 
I kept all the pics in cause I can and I wanted to. 

Jimmy James looked happy.
And I'm not sure....
What was going on here. 
This...
Is....
Upside down crazy.
Lucas looked somber.
Then it was group shot selfie time.
These are my personal faves. 
And Austin was bringing the face. 
People placement is crucial.
I'm not taking this because there I am making a horrible face. Gadzooks!!
I don't know who was taking these!
We may be almost ready. 
Nope, I just scrolled down and there are multi multi more. 
People may have been becoming disillusioned with the process. 
Whitney looked suspicious and Jack insisted on being in this photo. 
That....
Is one pregnant belly. 
It does not feel like we are getting any closer to taking a photo either. 
Owen had lost all hope. 
And then it looked like it was finally going to happen. 
And then it didn't. 
And then it did.
And the people began to disperse. 
And then some small groups got together for a pic. 
One more.
And the final product. 
And that's a wrap on Thanksgiving 2015 just in time for Thanksgiving 2016. Turkey day 2016 is already here and that fact is unbelievable!

Lets all be more thankful than we ever have been in our entire lives. Because we should be for all God has done for us and Lydia especially. 

God bless us every one and to all a good night. 

I know I'm mixing my holidays but it's 2:12 and I have to be at the endodontist at 8 in the A M. And I'm not even kidding. 

I'm off to bed feeling thankful. 

1 comment:

Mollie_Walker said...

First, I am stunned to see you have been blogging for seven years already!? That went by fast. I love a holiday post!! 💙💙