Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Eve of Christmas 2012

Some unexpected things came up in the last week which caused me to be unable to complete the Christmas posts. In my mind's eye, I'm really ready for Christmas to be over here. I hope to get my last holiday posts finished this week, but a possible weekend trip might get in the way of that plan. But hopefully it will be my motivation to get it done. We will see. 

But for now, back to Christmas Eve....     

After communion at church, it was back to Grandma's for breakfast and jockeying for seats and expecting Santa Claus to bring William some really good stuff. We had fun and someone....or more than one someone had a heyday with my camera. I know this due to the fact there are many avant garde/editorial pics. OR what I call RIDICULOUS! I usually suspect....and blame Olivia, however, she's actually in some of the questionable photos. So it's my deduction she was in cahoots with others, or she brought her own tripod. But I think I would have noticed that. 

But lets get on with it one more time...

Willie' D's getting somebody. No idea who it is. 
Now getting me.
Enjoying some standing up time.
Willie D and Emma.
Emma and Willie D.
Oblivious in the front, party in the back.
There's a lot going on in this photo, none of it interesting.  
This is one of the photos to which I was referring. No redeeming qualities. 
There seems to be something very interesting in that People magazine.
A better shot of the previous pic. 
Cute, but much more leaning forward and it would've been unusable. 
Maggie's looking skeptical and the others? I got nothing. 
Cute
And again.
There was an entire series of Billie getting up from the couch. I did major editing so as not to offend her. Even though she doesn't read my blog.  
Wheeling on to other places. 
Here come the weird photos. I'm betting on Maggie for this one. 
And this one.
Umm hmm.
There are so many.
Although this looks a bit self portraity. 
The growner ups.
The thinker.
The licker? 
See? Even if I say Emma was doing a self portrait in the other one, clearly she and Olivia don't have  the camera, which puts the onus back on Maggie. Mollie's got a question. 
She hasn't been called on yet, Jeff stopped by and I know those socks!
Strangely Austin and Caitlin got the same cramp in the same hand at the same time. 
We were there when she began hatching the plan.
See? The camera angle is from the area where the People magazine reader was sitting. 
Cute
Introspective
Please raise all eyebrows immediately. 
Seemingly forming an opinion. 
I'm starting to see where William got his hair!
Austin's got William hair!
Once again Marlie has that, "I'm a dog look."
The green eyed monster.
It would seem she made the dog disappear. 
It would seem Emma loves when the camera's pointed at her. 
And then....
The odd photos began with Otis sniffin cracks. Wait a minute.......that's not what I meant.
Avant stupid.  
The landscape.
Scary spice.
Things began breaking down, but since Maggie's in the pic, she's not under photographic suspicion here. 
The stockings were laid by the lamp with care. 
In hopes that peeps were still lounging. OK, that made absolutely no sense. 
Oh Christmas tree....
Oh Christmas tree...
How lovely is the Pomeranian?...
No doubt this pic was taken by Olivia. 
Calf, new gate, you do the math. 
Caitlin's fading.
Melanie's fading.
But Maggie's good. Better keep a good grip on that cookie with the pound puppy checking you out.
Lisa's faded. Emma's trying to get my chair. 
Better keep a good grip on that cookie with the pound puppy checking you out. 
The close up reveals no cookie crumbs.
Olivia's still behind the camera. 
Marlie....
You are barking....
Up the wrong tree.
A then dejected Marlie...
Sought solace between Carrie and Melanie.
But it was hollow, since there was no cookie involved. 
I can hear Emma's evil laugh.
As she was plotting...
To try....
To get my chair.
Marlie saw the whole charade and SHE. WAS. APPALLED.  
When she saw how far Emma would go to get the chair.
She was saddened by the entire incident. 

And there you have it.

The weird the wild and the wacky.

Christmas Eve 2012 in a nutshell.

And the addition to the night was.....are you ready for it?

Cheese grits! Made by Whitney!

I know people were on the edge of their seats. 

I have four more nights....or all weekend to finish the posts. 

I just have to decide what I'm gonna do.

Stay tuned peeps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are too many things for me to point out that I loved. so funny all of it!!!!!

Mollie_Walker said...

OMG!!! I just LOVE how much Marlie was in this post!! EXCELLENT!!